Catie Come Home

Our adoption journey to Guatemala

April 15, 2005

Grandpa from Antigua

We made it to Anigua around 6 p.m. last night. We did not find the bed and breakfast as inpressive as it looked in pictures. Grandma told Danny it was a little like when we used to go camping, but I would have to say it was a little better. We plan to stay there again tonight, and then move into the city, which was where we wanted to stay in the beginning. The same person (Mark, an American from LA) has a bed and breakfast in town, but it was full. We will be staying at the Hotel Antigua.

Catie seems to still be adjusting better every day. Grandma said this morning that she now seemed to recognize me. When I came into the room, and she saw me, she smiled. I have walked with her a lot, which she seems to like, but I have laid off the diaper changes. I never could get one back on till it was effective. I don´t want to leave Grandma out of the picture in this blogging, although I cannot put down her thoughts, and she doesn´t blog. She is quite a Catie caretaker, which I´m certain she enjoys. I can see the love for Catie in her eyes. She is that way with all her grandchildren, and likes to do things for them. I think it is lunch time, and the ladies said it is time to quit blogging, so this is Granda signing off for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home